Thursday, December 3, 2009

Romans 11:29

Romans 11:29 (King James Version) 29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
I have many gifts from God and even over the last couple of years when I was at my lowest spiritually the gifts still seem to make their way to the surface. One of the ways that God talks to me is through dreams and visions. Earlier this year I had a dream that I was walking with my family through streets filled with crime and sin. The place was dirty like something you would see in the aftermath of a war. There were children begging, women with dirty clothes, sick and diseased either doing drugs or being sold into prostitution. The men on the streets involved in sinful trades and activities. As I walked my family though this horrific scene I knew that the way out was behind me yet I continued to move forward. At one point my wife and kids voiced their concerns and fears and I told them that it was going to be ok. At the end of the road was the most desolate place you can imagine. Desert, barren, hot with no water and nothing but sand and mountains of red dry earth. That was the direction that I was still taking them. That’s when I woke up and the dream had ended. That dream haunted me for months before I could even speak of it. The interpretation is obvious. The direction that I had chosen over the last couple of years did not included God or anything might resemble the life of a Christian. Without a true state of repentance and revived relationship with the Lord I was leading my family to a life of death and destruction.
On several other occasions I had dreams; visions, prophecy and the Spirit of God warn me of events and things that were going on in my life. The gifts that God has given me are thankfully still there. Without them I would have surely ended up in worse state than I began. The calling of God is still on my life as well and by grace and fellowship the Holy Spirit I will see that calling manifest and bear fruit.
To God be the glory forever,
Charles

No comments: