Sunday, December 6, 2009

UPDATE TO DEAD MAN WALKING

On Tuesday Dec the 1st I wrote about God speaking to me and changing my future forever. He also told me that He was going to open a door for me. Over the last decade I’ve been very successful except for this year. 2009 has been the most difficult year of my professional life. I was at the pinnacle of my career at the end of 2008 and up to just a few days ago I had struggled all year to find a job in my field or to find a job in any field that would support my family. I have sent my resume out hundreds of businesses this year and have gone on so many interviews that I can’t even remember them all. We have lost nearly everything and if it were not for family and friends helping us we would have not had a place to live or food to eat. I’ve never even needed a resume before. If I needed a job I just made a phone call and went to work. This year God showed me that I can’t do anything on my own. I told my wife and friends this week that if I didn't know anything else about God I know that he honors the heart of repentance. He told me on Monday that he was going to open a door for me and I felt that I needed to make an offering of faith. Behind on my bills and with nothing coming in I gave what I could. I gave a $10.00 offering as a sign of faith and on Friday just four days later at 12:30pm I received a phone call and by 3:30pm I was working. I closed that night and worked all weekend. I’m back in my field doing what I enjoy and what I have been most successful at.

To God be the glory forever and ever!!!

Charles

No comments: